ECDL Foundation accredits partners around the world to implement ICDL training and certification. This global delivery network operates under strict quality assurance standards in order to achieve consistency of ICDL implementation. In Kenya, IHRM is one of the ICDL accredited training and certification centres.
ICDL is the global standard in end-user computer skills. It is a high-quality, internationally recognised certification designed, validated, and approved by international experts from around the world.
ECDL Foundation has successfully delivered programmes to over 10 million people throughout 148 countries, and in 41 languages.
In today’s workplace, one must use technology efficiently and effectively. Certified computer user skills:
- • provides proof of your ICT user skills;
- • demonstrates competency to potential or current employers;
- • increases your confidence through achievement of a recognised standard;
- • enable you to become more productive;
- • enable you to communicate and interact using online technologies effectively.
ICDL Module 1 is a theoretical test of computing knowledge at a general level. Modules 2-7 are practical skills tests.
- • Module 1. Concepts of Information Technology (IT)
- • Module 2. Using the Computer and Managing Files
- • Module 3. Word Processing
- • Module 4. Spread sheets
- • Module 5. Database
- • Module 6. Presentation
- • Module 7. Information and Communication
- • ICDL Part I — 8 weeks; 2 hours/day.
- • ICDL Part II — 5 weeks, 2 hours/day.
ICDL at IHRM has been tailored for:
- • On-going HR students at IHRM;
- • HR practitioners already working;
- • Working people without formal ICT user skills training;
- • Fresh college and school leavers.
ICDL FACILITATORS AT IHRM
IHRM resource persons are experienced ICDL certified instructors. In addition, they are IHRM Certified Training Professionals.
ICDL COURSE MATERIALS
Our package includes a professionally developed course guide. In addition, you may wish to purchase the official ICDL courseware through us for self-paced or supplementary learning.