Bachelor in Human Resource Management
In this Human Resource Management degree program, the student will study how HR relates to employee productivity. He/She will develop skills in recruitment and retention, organizational design, training and development, and performance management and assessment, among others. He/She will learn how to counsel employees, perform job evaluations, create career development programs, as well as how to manage a human resource department for almost any type of company, whether Private or Public.
The programme aims to equip the students with theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and the right attitudes necessary for effective management of people at workplace. In addition, the programme will prepare the students for research on issues in human resource management.
Fundamentally, a Human Resource Manager develops a company’s culture, maintains benefits and payroll, and recruits new employees. The HR manager is a pivotal position for any corporation, in every industry.
The field of HR offers perhaps one of the broadest ranges of career opportunities in the workforce today. Though obviously bonded by a set of common practices and goals, human resources careers are surprisingly diverse. For example, HR Generalists, handle virtually every aspect of employee-management relations, while HR Specialists handle issues in benefits, job analysis and training focus on narrow segments of a company’s human resource management issues.
- School leavers who may be interested in entering the field of Human resource management as a career choice;
- Mature individuals who are holders of various acceptable Diplomas or higher diplomas in Personnel Management or Human Resource Management and who now wish to undertake undergraduate qualifications;
The programme will be delivered through lecture mode for a period of 4 academic years. The Calendar accommodates three semesters per year.
The Bachelor in HRM degree involves coursework, written examinations and a project following assessment procedures approved.
- Holders of KCSE O Level Certificates with a minimum Grade of C+ qualifications:
- Holders of A Level Certificate – 2 Principal Passes, with passes in Mathematics & English at O Level;
- Holders of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management, or any other Acceptable Diplomas from recognized institutions with a Pass with Credit and should have attained at Least KCSE Grade C plain.
- Applications forms are available at the IHRM NBK Offices, 13th Floor, or downloaded from www.ihrm.or.ke, or www.out.ac.tz, on payment of a non-refundable fee of Ksh.1 500/=.
- Send your application form with your copies of relevant certificates & transcripts, 3 passport size photographs, to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or deliver to our offices or to the Admissions Officer, IHRM College, P. O. Box 4322-00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
- The application fee receipt/banking slip must be attached to the application package.
- The application fee can be deposited into any one of the following bank account: Barclays Bank Limited-Haile Selassie Avenue-Account No. 1498910 in favor of IHRM